-
May 25th, 2006, 01:13 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I sometimes win an auction that no one else bid on and wonder if everyone else is smarter than me. The auction that i'm having so much trouble with was like that. The person had 100 + feedback but i never got my doll and can't get a refund. I just won another auction and have that same uneasy feeling for some reason.
It seems like a great deal with a doll in good shape, some books, hair care kit and extra outfits. But i'm the only person to bid on it.
Please tell me i'm just being paranoid and this auction will go well.
-
May 25th, 2006, 04:29 PM
#2
Inactive Member
A lot of it depends on what time of day, and what day of the week the auction ends, or what other items are ending around the same time, or even what TV shows are on. Sometimes you just get lucky, and other people miss out on great deals that you end up getting. I just got Molly's Raincoat, rainhat, galoshes, and umbrella for a whole $13.49. When they came, not only were they new and untouched, but they were PM as well! I couldn't believe it! There are just times when you get a good deal. I understand your uncertainty though. Every time I have an eBay snafu {like one I'm going through right now} I get a little eBay shy for a while. Mostly though I have good experiences, so it rights itself in the end. If got taken by tha tother seller, have you notified ebay and Paypal? They can help get you a refund. It also helps sometimes if you "inform" the seller that you are planning to file a complaint. Good luck!
~Dee
-
May 25th, 2006, 07:24 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Thanks for the replys. I've done a lot of bidding on ebay but only recently tried to win AG stuff. The odd thing is that over the years i've won over 1000
auctions and i've only had about 3 problems. And all of them were during the anthrax scare which really screwed up the mail. But in the few months i've been bidding on AG dolls i've had at least 4 major problems-- 2 dolls that came naked despite the seller claiming that they had many outfits in the lot, a naked doll with pink marks all over her face which the seller said was mint and dressed and the seller who keeps promising a refund for they doll that somehow got ruined by the post office.
-
May 26th, 2006, 03:19 AM
#4
Inactive Member
You're being paranoid and this auction will go well. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Seriously, it's normal to be hesitant after your other experience. What's that saying? "Once bitten twice shy".
I'm sure everything will go well this time! I've noticed lately, that things are calming down a bit on ebay. Things that usually go for waaaaay too much money IMO, are going for a resonable price. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
-
May 26th, 2006, 03:37 AM
#5
13Pumpkins
Guest
I have similar thoughts about ebay auctions!! But things are calming down price wise. If you are woirried ask the seller aout things.
[img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks